I managed to squeeze a little bit of crafting in today and decided to play along with the cover plates tag challenge. A couple of issues arose straight up. Firstly, I don’t use tags. I feel that a card is an extension of a present. Like the present, it should filled with thoughts and feelings. This means writing proper messages. For me, a tag lacks that space. Secondly, the only tag die I have (which I use to make bookmarks) is on loan to a friend and grabbing it back is not an option.
So I decided to use the same technique on binder list die. I hope it passes muster. The cover plate used is from the garden guild kit, which I adore. Anyway, here is my make…
I think I might make a few more as dividers for the rest of my planner sections.
Today is just a short post for the PTI August 16 Blog Hop…
I used the garden guild cover plate and cut out some flower sections from white card, mounting it on to some enchanted evening cardstock. I originally wanted to use smokey shadow as that seemed closer to the dark grey of the inspiration image but alas, I had none. The butterfly from the beautiful butterflies set was stamped in summer sunrise, layered with melon berry and hibiscus burst. Its less yellow in real life. The melon berry and hibisus burst on the summer sunrise makes beautiful pink-brown tones. I mounted this all on watercolour cardstock as it has beautiful texture. I haven’t decided if I will keep this as a postcard, or if it will get mounted on to an A5 melon berry card (as in the picture). What do you think? Postcard or mounted card?
Today’s card is based on Betsy Veldman’s make for the PTI August release that you’ll see HERE. I needed to make a card for the neighbour. Super short version – she has a rooster. Slightly longer version – for the last 2 weeks, that reprehensible cassanova has decided that 4.30 am is the perfect time to break out his salute to the sun yoga move in front of his lady friends. Unfortunately, the neighbour is hard of hearing and hasn’t been hearing my door knocks (or the rooster really). So I thought I’d make her a card for her to read.
As I wanted something pretty happy sparkly, I used my Brilliance Inks with the The Sweet Life stamp set. The leaves were stamped with Lime and Gamma Green. To get the 3 different depths of leaf veins with one shade of green, I stamped my inks in different orders. The first set of leaves was gamma green veins with 2 layers of lime green background on top. The second is the lime green background, the gamma green veins and then the lime green background again. This gives slightly darker veins. Then the final one was with 2 layers of lime green followed by the gamma green veins, giving the darkest veins.
The rose was made of Pearlescent Orchid base, Rocket Red Gold second layer, and the Pearlescent Poppy on top. The hello was Pearlescent Orchid and Purple inks squidged on to white cardstock for an ombre effect then cut out with the hello die from the Wet Paint set. Heres a close up of the glimmer on the inks.
I used stitched square dies to cut the solid background square and then a paper guillotine to trim a polariod style frame with a larger stitched square frame.
The sequins are ones that I’m testing to carry in a shop I hope to open later in the year. I’m totally in love with these sparklies. Sadly, I mistiok my Ranger crackle accent for the glossy one so there I have broken dew drops!
Anyway, off to write a suitably framed message to keep the rooster from showing off till 7 in the morning. Wish me luck (and tact).